Which is better: Potential county government job vs current private utility job?

I (25) currently work at a private utility making around 52k a year. I started out in a department after college and have been slowly transitioning into a new department. The new department is more on par with my interests. Originally I was told I would become a very high position and this slowly degraded into a lower position which I was fine with because it was still supervisory. I was told I would make the complete transition into the new job beginning in 2020. 2020 rolled around and nothing came about so I waited another year. I was told by a couple of the VPs that my transition/promotion was put into the budget for 2021 and would started on Jan 1, 2021. Eventually, this position would become supervisory once the person I am training under retires.

Dec 31, 2020 I had my review with my original boss who informed me that I was removed from the 2021 budget. I was never informed of this by any of the VPs. There was zero transparency.

Flash forward to now, I’m still stuck in my original position where I feel pigeon holed. I do not like the original job I was hired to do and I’m only sticking around for the potential job that was supposed to come in 2021.

I started going on a few interviews to see what was out there and had one that I felt went really, really well with a county government.

I think the new position is of greater interest to me and if I were offered the position I would enjoy it much more.

The pay range for the job is 45k to 59k. My question is if I am offered the job, what salary should make me jump? I mean there are significant benefits to a government job already such as pension, a union, and fantastic benefits but ultimately the most important thing to me becomes salary. Keep in mind that my current position allows me to do significant OT where as I do not believe the government position would pay me for it.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Which is better: Potential county government job vs current private utility job? Which is better: Potential county government job vs current private utility job? Reviewed by Louhi on juin 08, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.