To those of you who feel offended by (too) basic interview questions

Dear /r/jobs readers,

This is - partially - in response to the following thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/jobs/comments/nv6dlv/worst_interview_of_my_life/

I am a hiring manager at a global, multinational, publicly traded company. I hire experienced software engineers, as well as data scientists, including PhDs and double PhDs. If I notice that you - a candidate - feel to be "too good" to answer a basic question, I will end the interview right there and then. There's no point in wasting my time.

One of my favorite engineering questions is "What is an API? Assume I don't have any background in computer science". It trips +90% of candidates. I ask this question not because I doubt your skills (even though people do exaggerate on their resumes) but because I want to work with someone who's more than a code monkey. I want someone I can put in front of a client or a stakeholder. I want someone I can learn from. The same holds true for finance, accounting, and any other area.

So the next time you feel like a question like this degrades your education or experience - please refuse to answer it. It will save me time and allow me to move on to a better candidate.

Thank you in advance.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

To those of you who feel offended by (too) basic interview questions To those of you who feel offended by (too) basic interview questions Reviewed by Louhi on juin 08, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.