A lot of people focus on the negative aspects of companies that say they’re “like a family” so I want to hear the positive ones.

I’ll go first, with a little background on my history with the company. I have only worked here for a little over a year, but I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else. I started in January of 2020 as an intern and they were able to keep me employed through the pandemic and even offered me a full time position once I finished school, which was May of 2020. It’s a small company of about 50-60 people.

From what I have seen at similar entry-level positions in my area the pay is pretty good, including bonuses but I forget the frequency of them. They offer good health insurance, which the company pays almost all of it, and a good 401K plan with matching and bonus contributions based on the company’s overall performance at the end of our fiscal year.

Other perks; we have a fully stocked pantry, fully stocked refrigerator/freezer so I almost never have to worry about bringing lunch/grabbing breakfast before work, and it’s all free. If there’s anything we want we can write it on the whiteboard in the pantry and they will get it. Really hoping they will resume this, but pre-covid they had a masseuse come in once a month, free of charge to the employees, as well as a barista who would come in for a couple hours just making whatever kind of coffee we wanted. Every Friday we get to pick a restaurant and they order lunch for us and have it delivered to the office. Anytime we have a doctors appointment, or even to go look at a house, etc and need to leave work they’re totally fine with it and don’t make us feel guilty about it. Anytime someone has had a death in the family the owner of the company makes it a point to send flowers/be there at the funeral or wake to give their condolences. Random free tickets to sports games for our local major league teams, gift certificates to local restaurants. Really there’s so much more, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

Work culture related; they’re extremely encouraging and don’t belittle people for making mistakes, but they expect us to learn from our mistakes and always take the time to explain what went wrong and what should happen next time. They encourage us to take our full hour lunch and keep a good work-life balance so that when it is time for work we don’t feel like we’re missing out or over stressed. No micromanaging or breathing down our necks unless we give them a reason to, which I’ve yet to see happen. They don’t get onto us for stepping away from our work to go chit chat every now and then.

I’ve had some terrible bosses and that makes me appreciate this company and everything they do for us even more. I don’t know what I would do if I had to go back to working for a terrible boss. I love my job and I love what I do and this company does feel like my second family, and not just because I spend the majority of my week with them.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

A lot of people focus on the negative aspects of companies that say they’re “like a family” so I want to hear the positive ones. A lot of people focus on the negative aspects of companies that say they’re “like a family” so I want to hear the positive ones. Reviewed by Louhi on juin 08, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.