Do potential employers need to hear from every listed reference to make a hiring decision?

I was given a verbal offer over the phone for a position I'm really excited about (the call went into detail on the offer such as exact offered salary, benefits, etc). It would actually be my first position that is both full-time and not temporary! The written offer is pending a reference check. I listed 3 references - 2 former direct supervisors/managers and a peer. All have previously (i.e. in the past year) agreed to be references for me, so I listed them and reached out to them on Friday to let them know that they'd be hearing from this organization, a little about the position/org, and said if they are no longer willing to be references to please let me know.

The peer and one of the former supervisors both responded within an hour or so, but I have not heard back from the other supervisor yet. She isn't always great about responding to email right away, but I'm still a little concerned. I would be very surprised if she was not willing to be a good reference for me, as she has been nothing short of encouraging and was a fantastic mentor to me when she managed me. But if she happens to be on vacation, busy with a conference she always presents/volunteers at that I know is this week, etc, would they make a decision based off of the two references or could this be a problem?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Do potential employers need to hear from every listed reference to make a hiring decision? Do potential employers need to hear from every listed reference to make a hiring decision? Reviewed by Louhi on juin 07, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.