Hi everyone,
Sorry for the long post. Like many on here, I am so tired of job searching and I just need some kind words and a friendly ear to listen. I am keeping my post vague to keep the company's identity under wraps, but I don't think my situation is entirely abnormal, so I hope it won't be too distracting or confusing.
So I have been in my corporate job for about 3 years. Since starting, I got promoted once in the company and generally I am very grateful to the company because I developed a lot under them. I became a standout employee that people in a lot of different departments come to if they need help or have any questions. For background, both of my roles are in support-type roles that encompass admin, marketing, and account management, so I am required to do a lot of task-based items.
Around a month ago, my management team gave us a heads up that by the beginning of May, our department would be cut by 30%, but that we would still be expected to handle the same workload as before. Before this happened (at full staff), I was already in hoc to my eyeballs stressed and had been burning out for a few months. I tried to reason with my manager that if this were to happen, we'd need to have some help and asked if we could leverage multiple departments to help us, especially since so many tasks cross our desks in a day; a good portion of them are fairly redundant too and could easily be streamlined (like just submitting something on behalf of a certain department). This culminated in a conversation where 90% of mine and my team's demands were rejected and we were told other departments couldn't help us because of XYZ excuse. We've now been working at 30% less capacity for 2 weeks, and I was right: I feel completely overwhelmed. It's not supposed to be a particularly busy time of year, but I have so much to do and no time to do it. All of my organization that has kept me sane has gone out the window because I'm in full reactive mode to anything coming in. It's easy to say that my team's morale is in the gutter. None of us have any idea how we're going to handle our busiest times of year, but even though we keep telling management this, it feels like they aren't listening and instead dismissing us. It doesn't help that we're all WFH right now so my management doesn't see how much this change has truly affected us.
A second part to this is that I sensed a few months ago something wasn't right and so I started looking for another job. But it's been 4 months of searching and the process along with what's happening at work is just so demoralizing. I see some people saying "I got a job after 1 year and submitting 500 applications!" which is...damn near impossible for me to hit. With my work hours, I'm lucky if I submit 2 applications in a night. I have submitted around 30 apps during this period and I have had three HR Managers reach out to me with only one going for an interview - all of them turned into rejections. (I am trying to break into marketing, which I know is a very competitive field)
Everyday I feel like shit except for the weekend. Monday - Friday, I am constantly tense - I am furious at my situation yet feel helpless until I get a new job. I don't want to quit because I'd rather stick with what I have as long as I can, especially since we're in a recession, but somedays it just feels very tempting to just up and go. I feel like I lose so much quality time with loved ones because I spend so much time either working or applying. Even when I'm in "down time", my mind is on how work went that day, or the rejection letter I just got from that job I applied to that I thought I would be a shoe-in for. I got rejected for a job about a week ago based on a stupid 10 minute personality test I took and I just about banged my head on a wall. I was trying to be as positive as possible saying "It won't be long now before you'll be out" but after months of work becoming more toxic along with getting ghosted/rejected, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
If you reached it this far, thank you for reading. I needed to let it out. If you have any words of encouragement or your own story to share, please do. I really do need it right about now.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: