Help pursuing promotion in retail job

So I started working at a retail store in December 2020. It was my first time working retail and the managers that hired me stated that they loved my personality and work ethic so much that they were not concerned that I had no retail experience whatsoever. In the months since I've quickly learned all the stuff they expected me to know, can run three out of the four departments. (The fourth department has its own employees and I'm not expected to work over there). I've since trained two employees that were hired after me and the supervisors even call on me to show them things that they have forgotten how to do. I've also been able to apply my previous work experience to help out in the warehouse and have gone above and beyond my job description to help them out.

Recently we had a few supervisor positions come up and there will be another one coming up in a few months. I mentioned being interested in applying for it and the managers said they would consider it and in the meantime would get me more involved in our fourth department to get me more prepared for a supervisor role. However since this talk about a month ago, I haven't heard back from them nor seen any initiative taken by them to organize training for me. Should I be on them about this or wait for them to come to me like they said they would? Everyone is also overstressed by all the Covid rules and lockdowns happening (Ontario) and I'm just not sure the proper approach to going about it...I've never gone after a promotion before...any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Help pursuing promotion in retail job Help pursuing promotion in retail job Reviewed by Louhi on avril 25, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.