Put in my two weeks because I've been filling a vacant role for over a year. Now my boss is mad that I won't perform that role in my final two weeks.

So like the title says: My manager/director left over a year ago. I gladly stepped in to fill that role (with no title or pay bump) as a proving ground to get that promotion.

A year later, I have to say my time was a great success--even bringing a bit of fame to our small company. Throughout the year, I occasionally asked about a promotion but never pressed. Boss always pushed it off and not talked about it. It got to the point where I had to say I'm not performing this title anymore for free and without credit. Boss doesn't like that. We get into an argument and eventually reveals that they hired a new director (by showing off that work that brought fame) and that they start in two months.

Great. At least I know now where I stand. So I politely put in my two weeks.

They first offered me double pay if I stayed another month. I kindly rejected. Then things got really ugly. The boss started moving up project timelines that haven't kicked off because he wants me too lead two big director-level presentations before I take off on my final day. I have three problems with this:

  1. These are brand new projects and I just want to close out my current existing ones.
  2. Leading these presentations is literally not my job and the reason why I am leaving this workplace.
  3. It's A LOT of work to do on my own.

So I'm looking for advice what to do. I feel like I've been lead on to do free work for them over a year and I would feel really guilty doing it again with two projects before I leave. Telephone calls have devolved into a yelling and I don't want them to bully me into doing this. Too many people have left this workplace feeling used.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Put in my two weeks because I've been filling a vacant role for over a year. Now my boss is mad that I won't perform that role in my final two weeks. Put in my two weeks because I've been filling a vacant role for over a year. Now my boss is mad that I won't perform that role in my final two weeks. Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 27, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.