Workplace has given me the entire role of a manager without the title - is there any way to ask them to 'demote' me without sounding lazy?

This company is small, poorly managed, and disorganized. They're also pretty cheap and don't want to hire many people or even adequately train those they do hire. The workload however is immense. (Yes, I am actively looking for another job and have been for a while).

Because they are spread so thin, they basically gave me the entire role of a manager at this company, without calling me a manager. I did not apply for these duties, did not ask for these duties, and was not given a choice. They gradually piled them on until now I have all the duties of one of the managers, as well as the duties of an administrative assistant, the position I am supposed to be in. I'm not a lazy employee, or bad at the job of administrative assistant by any means. But I know my limits and know that I get very flustered under high pressure and multitasking is not my strongest suit, and that I would not be a good fit for a management position, nor would I enjoy it. Which is why I never applied to be a manager.

I don't really care about being called a manager, because I don't want to be one in the first place. I was hired as an admin assistant which is about all I want to be at this company. The role of manager is incredibly stressful, thankless, and I do not want to stay here after seeing how things are run. So far I haven't gotten an offer from anywhere else.

I want to request to be moved back to 'admin assistant', but how can I do that when I'm still technically on paper an admin assistant? I don't want it to seem like I'm shirking responsibility, but I feel like these aren't really supposed to be my responsibilities. It'd be different if they said, "Would you like to move to the position of manager or assistant manager?" and I could say yes or no. But they dumped that role on me piece by piece instead of asking outright, and I have a feeling they did it on purpose.

I have let them know in the past I was uncomfortable with the amount of responsibilities they kept piling but they just kept pulling the "oh but we have no one else to do it/we NEED you," etc. But I'm not a martyr for this place. I was great when it was just the duties of admin assistant, but with these additional duties, every day is infinitely more stressful than it should be.

Is there any way to approach them about this? Our HR department is virtually useless. It's one unqualified employee who lives in the boss's pocket.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Workplace has given me the entire role of a manager without the title - is there any way to ask them to 'demote' me without sounding lazy? Workplace has given me the entire role of a manager without the title - is there any way to ask them to 'demote' me without sounding lazy? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 06, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.