Should I stick to pursuing a career in Human Resources or shift gears and go back to college to get a bachelor's degree in computer science to try to become a software developer?

I graduated with a bachelor's degree and a 3.2 GPA ( the major is pretty much in government) about 2 and a half years ago and spent half of that time unemployed. I wanted to get a career in HR going but couldn't at first because I wasn't good at interviewing at the time (I'm better at interviewing now due to a lot of experience with it), currently unemployed now as my contract as an administrative assistant ended 3 months ago and we're in a recession/quarantine. I had 2 interviews but not offer. I'm contemplating getting a second bachelor's degree in computer science, will I have better luck finding a job as a software developer if I do this? (I would pursue an internship related to computer science while in college). Also I'll be 27 by the time I get the degree (at most I will have just turned 28 by the time I get it).

The reason I haven't fully decided to go back to college is because I don't really want to go back but I thought I would just apply to a couple universities while looking for work. That way if I end up getting an HR job and hating the career or not managing to land a job at all, I'll at least have college to fall back on again and shift careers into software development (I dabbled in coding about 2 years ago because I wanted to be an independent game developer on the side and found it challenging, but also interesting), only problem is I know I could go back to college and graduate but still not have a job afterwards.

What are your thoughts Reddit?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I stick to pursuing a career in Human Resources or shift gears and go back to college to get a bachelor's degree in computer science to try to become a software developer? Should I stick to pursuing a career in Human Resources or shift gears and go back to college to get a bachelor's degree in computer science to try to become a software developer? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 05, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.