I work at a daycare/preschool. This is my first real job.
My shift started at 6:30am. I was working in the toddler room where we have 7 toddlers. The ratio is 1 adult to 5 kids so I was in there with the lead toddler teacher. My shift ends at 3:30pm as I have class at 4pm. There’s still 7 toddlers so the lead can’t be by herself and I have class to get to.
I let my director know that I had to get to class and the lead was out of ratio. She tells to me if I can, to set up class in her office and to help take phone calls and do curbside pickup as pick up time is around the corner as she goes to the toddler room.
I ask if she wants to me clock back in and she asks if I’ve worked my 8 hrs. I say yes and she tells me to not clock in, to think of it as doing her/the center a favor. I’m the “Yes, ma’am” person in my workplace. Someone asks me to do something, I just say yes ma’am and do it no questions ask so I just go set up in her office.
She goes to the toddler room and I stay in the office doing the zoom class while taking phone calls, radioing teachers to get the kids ready and texting the director to transfer the kid to their parent.
Once my class ended, my director gave me the ok to go home and she took over child pick ups as the toddler teacher was in ratio by then.
It wasn’t until I was on the bus home I began to think about how I practically worked overtime for free. For some reason, it doesn’t sit right with me. I’m probably overthinking it but has anyone else experience anything like this?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: