So I'm back again. Yesterday asking about how to increase my chances for a job, today trying to get myself out of a mess. For a rundown, I am a recent graduate - Spring 2020. I am a software developer, but I live in a rural area making it hard to find jobs. Any options are an hour commute both to and back, minimum, and I'm garbage when it comes to driving, so that has definitely slowed things down as well.
I got a call from a recruiter about a job completely unrelated to my field. It is in a warehouse. I said I was interested because I know I should get some sort of job. I don't have a lot of work experience and I think it shows badly on my resume. He barely conducted any sort of interview, instead pushing me through an onboarding process after just 10 minutes on the phone. This is where I think I made a mistake, because if I'm being entirely honest, I don't want the job. I know I'll hate it, and due to personal circumstances I have a good bit of money saved and most of my student loans are forgiven. Sorry if that makes this sound weird or reframes this, but as I said the reasons for that are personal and are a sensitive topic so I'd rather not go into detail.
Anyway, so I've completed onboarding for this recruiter. He was fully aware that it is not in my field and I am interested and actively searching for other jobs, and would be searching both during and after the recruitment process. He asked me to complete it anyway so that if I do decide to stick with the company I will be able to start right away. I'm partly concerned because I feel like I'm being rushed through this process, like there's some sort of catch and he's trying to nudge me past some point of no return which, frankly, by doing those papers, I think I may have unintentionally crossed already.
Simply put, I don't need this job, nor do I particularly want it, but I know I should take it, and I know I will hate it. It won't advance my career, it will leave me drained, it won't be particularly fulfilling and all it really serves to do is put on a resume that I have worked at a warehouse in an unrelated role for however long it takes for me to actually get into my field. Looking for any advice here. I'm currently scrambling to find other positions that are of more interest that I might be able to take instead. Thanks.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: