Two weeks into new job after exiting from public accounting got another offer in consulting. Should I take it?
Hi everyone,
I am in my second week at my new place after exiting Big 4, in a Treasury/ accounting role. However, two weeks in I received a call back from a consulting firm I interviewed with and was on the cusp of receiving an offer from before my offer got pulled/ delayed due to Covid blowing up. True to their word they came back to me with an offer the instant lockdowns were lifted (I’m from australia if that’s any relevant) and things looking up.
But now that I’m at a dilemma as to whether or not to take the consulting offer (they were very understanding and said give it one or two months they’ll wait for my answer by end of July).
Personally, I’m quite apathetic towards accounting/ treasury. It’s not fun but I don’t hate it either. In my current role I get on well with my direct supervisor (FC) and the CEO. At the consulting place I got on well with everyone I met. Salary wise it’s a 10-15k increase from my current role but will not be supporting CA study (they’re not accountants).
My dilemma here is the difference in industries, my current place is very accounting/ financial planning focused whereas the consulting place focuses on consulting via software delivery. Whatever I choose here will likely have a big impact on my career as they are very different paths which will take me to very different places. If I stay in my current role ... the best I can see is becoming Head of Treasury or FC ... which is not bad but not something I relish either. The consulting gig is sweet but I’m not sure what my long terms prospects would be. I’m just scared of throwing away my whole career and making the wrong choice.
Any advice is appreciated guys thank you
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: