I applied for a cashier job at a large chain restaurant last week, and I was contacted on Wednesday to schedule an interview. When I called to schedule it, the woman asked if I would be interested in serving instead. I told her I would think about it (assuming that we would discuss it at the interview), and set up an interview for Thursday.
When I arrived for my interview on Thursday, I told the hostess working that I was there for an interview. She asked me what position I was interviewing for, and I said cashier. She told me that she thought it was odd because she thought they had enough cashiers.
My interview wasn’t with the woman I had spoken to on the phone. The woman who interviewed me asked what position I had applied for because her computer system was down, and I told her I had applied for cashier. The interview was pretty easygoing. It seemed like it was just a formality. The only weird thing was that even after I told her I had applied for cashier, she told me about the starting pay and duties of a host? At first I assumed that the host and cashier jobs were one in the same, but everything I have seen online from the restaurant shows that they are two different roles. I wouldn’t have a problem hosting, but I just thought it was odd. She also never mentioned serving like the other woman had on the phone.
At the end, I was asked to come back today to complete a background check so I could begin training next week. I went back today, and someone else (not the woman I spoke with on the phone or the woman who conducted my interview) set up the forms for the background check for me. The background check was easy, and I quickly filled it out, but I only had a cell phone number for one of my references. I have never had a job before, so my references are a woman I used to babysit for and two of my teachers. I had emails for all three, but I only had the babysitting gig’s phone number. I asked the woman if I could go in and fill the numbers in later, and she told me to just make the numbers up. I offered to leave their emails, and she said no.
I was told by the woman who interviewed me that I would start training next Tuesday morning. The woman who helped me with the background check told me I would be called in a fews days by a manager (none of the ones I had talked to) to schedule my training.
I’m just confused. I’m getting a lot of mixed signals from this place. I know the fault for some of these problems (the references) is my own, but I’m nervous that working there will be just as messy. I applied to a couple other places, but I was denied from one and never heard back from the others. I need the money, and this seems to be my only option right now.
Do you think they will even bother with my references? I’m worried that it will hurt my chances at the job (server, cashier, host, whatever that may be), but she told me to fake the numbers. I also didn’t get the impression that they were considering anyone else, so maybe it’s not that important, especially since they’re personal and academic references. I also talked to so many people that I don’t know who I could call the clarify.
TLDR; I had a messy interview process. Not really clear on the position I’m being hired for. I was told to fake my references. I’m wondering if I should just look for something else.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: