When given a raise, are you expected to negotiate?

Hello Reddit, please help a fellow redditor out.

I was just given a raise of 13%. I had shared before with the decision maker that I felt I was being underpaid for the sheer amount of responsibility that is currently on my shoulders (lead developer of a software engineering team - working an awful lot ), he agreed and also considered that I deserved a raise. We didn’t talk exact figures but he said he would get back to me. Now I’ve gotten an email communication the amount of the raise - I would have expected a meeting since we hadn’t discussed details. The email sounds kinda final to me “I’m happy to communicate you were given a raise of x”, and that decision was made based on market references.

Here’s the catch: Our company is international and each country has a team. We have budgets based off of how each country is doing. I learned that one developer (very close to Me) in another team there got an offer from another company and our company decided to match the offer - it would mean a raise of over 20%, overtaking my salary with far less responsibility- for a country that business wise, is performing worse.

I don’t want to sound like an ungrateful brat, but nobody likes to feel that they’re in the wrong end of a deal.

Now, I don’t want to got the easy way of getting an offer from another company to hold my company hostage if possible, but can do if strictly necessary. I have a quite good relationship with management and I feel it could do more harm than good ultimately.

At the same time I can’t help but feel that I got the short end of the stick on this deal.

Is there a possibility that I’m being low bailed because I’m expected to negotiate?

Do you think I’m in a position to negotiate? How would you approach this situation?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

When given a raise, are you expected to negotiate? When given a raise, are you expected to negotiate? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.