I was hired on for a DDA agency in Idaho. I make 20/hr as an intervention specialist working with children with special needs at a certain clinic. Almost everyone at clinic doesn't commute more than 20 minutes.
My employment agreement was I would be given 36 hours to be considered full-time to maintain. They hired me out of a specific clinic, so thinking I'd serve clients in that region. In Idaho, you don't want a long commute especially when it snows.
So here goes the show.....
Started March 16th. Worked 10 hrs one week, then about 8 the next week. Then for two weeks, they kicked everyone out of our office due to COVID-19 even though we have essential services listed as apart of social services. I lost two weeks of pay. I took a cruddy second temp job to make up income.
Then finally I got a client with 20 hours temporarily and that helped me get by.
I've been at the job for a little more than 2 months. All other new hires in my region are full-time again and working in the same region.
During the outbreak, I reduced the hours with client to get this 20 hour client. Now they won't give me back that client's full hours.
As of last week Friday, I had a schedule for full-time. Because I got a new client with up to 14 hours. And client planned to use 9. Well my supervisor didn't find out the client's needs. Client now wants 4 hours a week in their home. The client would be better served without distractions of the home in our clinic and mom was starting to see what I meant, but then my supervisor jumped in when I asked about the reduced hours and encouraging mom that the client would be better served with more hours and in our clinic. Right now, it's babysitting and that is not what I am paid by the state for.
I am now short 5 hours of having full-time status, considered, 35 by employer for benefits.
My supervisor on my first day gave me one of our worse clients (dropped by 2 other therapists for being too violent) and he destroyed window blinds in our office and I said I will not take this client. He needs mental health help before he can be served here. Mom refuses to give that client that help.
My supervisor is now throwing all the excuses at me:
Lack of clients because of COVID-19, I turned down that difficult client, I'm complaining at my new client's hour being reduced, I refuse to work outside my region, etc...
I ended up at one point accepting one client who lives 30 minutes away in bumper to bumper traffic. I accepted that responsibility and told I'll take this client, but no other far away ones and she said ok.
Now this supervisor is trying to get a higher up supervisor to say I'm being picky and difficult.
All my performance reviews are good and my clients like me. They don't want to drop me as a client, but aren't willing to help me get full-time or change the 35 hours requirement to 30.
Last I heard they wanted me to drive 30 minutes and sit in a 30 minute meeting to be told what they won't do for me. I'm like nope.
I'm at the point of just sticking with them until I can get full-time at another agency or another job. If they drop me, they will have alot of upset clients who aren't therapy anymore.
This is my planned response, let me know if I should change it:
"Hi (supervisor) and (manager),
I am sorry it got to the point to further discuss filling in my schedule and that you feel irritated by me asking for more clients constantly. I appreciate the efforts to help me get more clients and for the shredding hours during COVID-19 to fill in when clients couldn't meet in the center.
Regarding my initial hiring, I am listed as a Nampa clinic HI. As you can see by the attached image I was hired on as a Nampa clinic HI. At the time of my hiring, I was expecting to work in Nampa since that's where I applied to work. It just so happened, I could afford rent in Meridian at the time and was able to do more than Nampa clients if it benefited the company. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 and the week with little to no hours I was not able to continue affording living in Meridian and currently could not continue living in an AirBnb in Boise.
I understand some Nampa intervention specialists are willing to work outside the West Valley region. I am not one of those intervention specialists. Driving makes days longer because of the in between time between clients and I don't like being stuck in traffic for long.
Since working at CTP, I accepted XXX as a Boise client. I accept that responsibility of XXX as a client and have kept almost all my original clients. With the exception of XXXX because of his extreme violent natures and learning that I was his third therapist to drop him at CTP. It is alarming to me, that this knowledge was not given to me before taking him. I was told he was physically rough and injured pregnant workers. I know I am not the first HI to request different clients because of these extreme unsafe client behaviors.
Also, (supervisor) mentioned I am complaining about XXX as a client. That is not true. I want to be fully trained to deliver the best services to this client and my suggestion as a professional is he would be better served meeting in one of our clinics without the distractions at his home. As my supervisor, I would have hoped you would take my email as a way to give me suggestions to better serve that client in the home. I feel treatment with that client is going well. Today, his mom said she thought my work with him has helped his behavior before and is still considering having him one day a week at a clinic and see if it helps. Right now, reduced hours is probably the best for this client. That said, I am willing to accept this change as long as CTP continues to fill my schedule in with other clients within 20 minutes of my location. This usually means Nampa, Caldwell, and Meridian clients. If Kuna is 20 minutes within my location, than that's fine but I don't think it is.
For whatever reason there is that there is no more clients within 20 minutes of where I live, I understand. I am fine waiting. I would hope by mid-June I will be able to have enough clients to be full-time under CTP's policy to qualify for paid holidays, health and other benefits, and PTOs after working three months in full-time status. If it is longer than June, that's fine. As of right now, my Summer schedule would be at 30 hours and I'm short 5 hours of being 35 to receive all the company benefits. if it's possible, to receive the PTOs holiday pay and health and dental benefits without 35 hours I'd be willing to accept that as an alternative.
Unfortunately, this next couple weeks I am not able to meet in-person during a time convenient for all three of us to discuss this further. After client hours, I need to back in the Nampa area.
If you would like to change my employment terms to part-time please let me know as I will need to make plans. I hope it doesn't come to that and I can continue to serve current clients and future clients in this region."
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: