Manager supports my postgrad plans, supposedly for this fall 2020 but I needed to defer it due to COVID, thus extending my employment with that knowledge of an intended future resignation --- is that bad?
I work in a small consulting company, we're just around 25 people. I've been transparent with my manager since start of this year about my plans to study abroad this fall 2020 and she supports this, just reminding that I needed to confirm 3 months before my planned resignation date to allot for transition. Things were already set in stone with me planning to resign this August, but haven't submitted a letter yet --- but come March, COVID happened and as we know, travels are restricted, and education is being administered online. This triggered me to reevaluate timings, as the "study abroad" learning experience won't be maximized if I push through this year. So after giving it much thought, I decided to postpone and shared this with my manager --- she was honestly relieved since we're already short on people and reorganizing teams at this time might be difficult. I really trust her reaction, and sent in a documentation email of this decision while also apologizing for any inconvenience to the team caused by all these changes in my plans.
My worry though, is if there will be something "off" with any aspect in the job, or in my relationship with her or the team, with that knowledge that I still have the intent of resigning to go back to study, and that it's just being extended for a longer period? Will my employer potentially be iffy with this context?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: