Hello everyone,
Hope you’re having a lovely Mother’s Day. This will be quite a lengthy post so bear with me. I got a job at a large tech company down in Florida and was honestly excited to start. I am fresh out of college by the way. When I started I really enjoyed the atmosphere and people. I started noticing all the people and the environment in general were chill all except for my manager. Since I am from NJ I have a lot of family here. When we had one on ones in her office, I mentioned that I had family here in NJ and I am a very family oriented person. She nodded and seemed happy. In the coming months when I had training, the trainings were mandatory work from home. She always told me that I could not leave Florida and had to stay within Florida. Please note that this is a VERY relaxed tech company. After networking with people in the office they mentioned that they work from home from out of state time to time and no one really cared. So when I would have work from home I would fly back to jersey for the long weekend. She never noticed this even though she mandated work from home in Florida. When my birthday came around the corner I had work from home on Friday and my birthday fell on a Thursday. So I figured since I wanted to be honest with her ask her about work from home on my birthday as well. During the one on one, I mentioned it was my birthday and I wanted to work from home. By the way she HATES work from home and usually never gives it even when all the other bosses on my floor are very lenient and give wfh. But she still managed to agree at first, then she asked if my parents were coming down and I if I had plans. I said no, I wanted to go up to jersey and spend time with family and then come back on sunday. She straight up said “No, sorry can’t do. You can’t leave Florida and must stay in Florida.” I was like wtf. Regardless, I still left to Jersey Thursday night because I had wfh on Friday. Nothing happened, she never messaged me saying you’re in jersey and I’m tracking you or something. She didn’t even notice. She seems to have a control problem of some sort and wants all employees to stay in Florida. Even if I mention I’m going out of state for the weekend, she frowns and doesn’t like it and awkwardly ends the convo. When coronavirus started, our company gave mandated wfh. So I decided to come back to jersey and be with family because I’m not staying in Florida for months without family. She has called me and talked to me and thinks I’m still in Florida. She never even mentioned that I should be with family even though she knows I’m alone in Florida. Does anyone else think this lady is a bit too controlling or unfair?
Edit: She has also been fired for micromanaging within this company. She was rehired back to this team because they were badly in need of a manager with her qualifications. She is also slightly beginning to micromanage me and some others once again. Also I deleted the previous post because of my language (I apologize to those who were offended)
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: