I’ve been at my company for five years. My first “real” job (corporate job). I was supposed to get a big raise at performance reviews, but when COVID-19 happened, our company took a major financial hit and there has been no mention of it since. We are experiencing extensive layoffs, so obviously I’m not going to pursue that conversation at this time.
The problem is I’m doing INSANE amounts of work. For a while I justified it as I’m happy I hadn’t been laid off, as 75% of my coworkers had been. But it’s becoming almost unbearable and is affecting my overall happiness (which sucks because typically I’m a pretty happy employee). I feel guilty that I am not more thankful when I’m sure my former coworkers would be happy to switch places with me.
Another problem is I think our company has been hit so hard financially that I won’t see that raise for the foreseeable future. Like, at least a year. We may even go under entirely, but that’s my personal speculation.
I’m not super loyal to the company—that’s not my concern. The problem is I worry any prospective employer will ask why I would have such bad judgement to try to voluntarily leave my (somewhat) steady job during all this. I worry I will seem ungrateful, and will he seen as someone trying to take a job from someone that needs it more than I do.
I don’t know. I’m just looking for opinions.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: