How do I get a job in sustainability and/or cannabis?

24yo from MI. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering I have worked in auto induthoughtstry for 5 years and have recently started working in the defense industry.

It’s not like my time there was the worst possible thing to happen to me, but it’s really tears at your soul when you know what you’re doing everyday is immoral, unethical, and directly/indirectly responsible for so many terrible things. The only reason I took the jobs in the first place was mainly because I was forced into doing so because of financial reasons.

For quite awhile I have been extremely passionate about sustainability (the eco friendly definition) especially sustainable architecture and alternative living. It’s part of the reason I wanted to become an engineer I always want things to be more efficient, cheaper, and eco friendly. I I could make a difference designing things I thought I would be heard, but most engineering communities are conservative older men. This means as a young person my input was never really taken seriously and even if it was heard most of the time it was met with the answer “we are making money how we are doing it now. Why would we change?”

I would really love to make a difference in the world. Or at least care even the tiniest bit about what I do every day.

I would like to either be involved in a sustainable company especially sustainable building. Or maybe help change how people live their lives for a healthier mind and body.

Another passion of mine is cannabis. I know it’s cliche at this point to say you want to quit your job and grow weed, but that really what I want to do. It really annoys me that there are so many people in the industry that have no real connection to the plant. I know I sound like a hippie but hear me out.

Long before I would ever consider consuming the plant I was a strong believer in it. I had done numerous hours of research into the history, chemistry, medical benefits, industrial applications, etc. of cannabis. If you really know about the plant it’s very apparent that it can change so many aspects of our daily lives.

I would really love to be able to help bring the benefits of this plant to as many people as I can. Also what annoys me the most about the current culture of cannabis especially when talking about the consumption of legal/recreational weed is the misinformation and just general ignorance the majority of people have. I would really enjoy being able to educate people on the benefits it has for their lives as well as how to better understand the language and consumption of the plant.

Even though I am very educated on these to subjects I really struggled to find any way to get involved in these fields. For example I tried to get involved in a few hempcrete building companies, but most said even tho they would need an engineer eventually the market was just too small currently to support my salary. And most weed companies are really hard to look into and jobs go so quickly it hard to find up to date job listings.

If anybody has any advice on where to look for jobs or how to find something that might interest me. Please let me know.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I get a job in sustainability and/or cannabis? How do I get a job in sustainability and/or cannabis? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 04, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.