Job offer postponed due to hiring freeze-should I contact to express my interest still?

Back in March, I was in the final stages of being hired for a position in state govt (vocational rehabilitation, essentially helping those with disabilities gain employment). My background check came back, but I wasn't given an official offer as it came back on 03/14 and by that time, the dept was working remotely. I received an email on 03/17 that said the following:

Currently [govt agency] is working remotely and we are aware that you are currently in the selection process for a position with us.   We understand there are a lot of questions and concerns, at this point we have determined to postpone offers of employment.  You are still in consideration for the position; we ask that you do not put in notices to your current employer until you have an official offer from us and we have more concrete dates. Our next tentative new hire class is May 11th and if we can make offers we will.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. 

I haven't heard back since that time. I didn't receive an official offer at any point because on 03/23, the governor imposed a hiring freeze on all state govt hirings, unless it is directly related to COVID-19. I have no idea how long the freeze will last. So my question is, should I contact HR again and let them know I am still interested in the position even though I know there's a hiring freeze? And if I should contact them, what do I put in the email? I just really, really wanted this job (I was contacted by them 6 months after interview; I didn't get that position but this one is closer to where I live so they contacted me to see if I was still interested in a position) as it is a big pay increase for me and more aligned with my education background than by current position. I'm also worried about the position itself at this point and I hope it will exist once the freeze is lifted. Thank you for any help you can give me!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Job offer postponed due to hiring freeze-should I contact to express my interest still? Job offer postponed due to hiring freeze-should I contact to express my interest still? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 30, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.