Working in Finance Industry - How do I switch from sales to analysis?

I graduated college in 2018 with a 3.8 GPA, but my family was hit hard financially which meant I had to take the first job that I was offered. The job was in a sort of sketchy life insurance sales environment at a very reputable company (Prudential). The office I was apart of, for context, was third to last in the country and was definitely on a negative slope before eventually being consolidated to a place far from where I live. I considered myself very fortunate to leave, as I was able to get into an advisor development program for Merrill Lynch at Bank of America. However with the negativity and pressure to make the money to support myself and family at my last job and mounting pressure to meet unrealistic sales goals at my new job with Bank of America, I eventually had a mental breakdown and had to check myself into an in-patient program out of fear of hurting myself.

The program helped immensely and allowed me to do some soul searching, however I left the program without a job, and a new understanding that I was no good at sales and really entered the finance industry for my love of mathematics and numbers. I even began to remember the number of internships I had worked while still in high school that focused more on math, financial data, and reporting versus accruing assets and “hitting the phones”.

After a couple of months of applying to jobs with 0 response (not even a rejection) and not hearing back from any of the employment agencies I sent my resume to, I realize my background after graduating college is mostly sales intensive, and this makes me uncompetitive with recent grads who were able to take analyst internships during college (I worked at Prudential, because I never heard back from any of the internships I had applied to).

I’m at a bit of a loss now, because I feel like my only experience in the analysis realm of finance was during high school, years ago. I’m just wondering if there’s any entry level jobs I can apply to, so I can build more experience to finally reach my goal of being a financial analyst.

I have a large amount of money saved from my days at Bank of America and my family is in a much more stable financial position, so I’m not as pressed for time as I was when I first graduated.

Any feedback or advice is greatly welcomed, especially from any industry professionals!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Working in Finance Industry - How do I switch from sales to analysis? Working in Finance Industry - How do I switch from sales to analysis? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 14, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.