Started a new job today after being unemployed 1 month. Suddenly getting messages for jobs I applied for. How do I handle this??

I've been a contractor at HP for 17ish years. I've worked for 5 different contractor companies at HP now. I've been laid off a handful of times. Basically, I'd love to get a job outside of HP, with a direct hire- no more contracts. I was notified I was not being extended October 4th and my last day was Halloween. A few weeks later I accepted an offer for a job at HP, just to keep the bills paid. The job is with a contractor company. I am really burnt out on HP. They've been a sinking ship for years and this last layoff shocked me because I had only been in that contract for 6 months. The job I started today was the only serious job offer I got while laid off in November. I was also offered a different contractor job at HP but I declined it because I knew the project was a dead end and the recruiter changed the salary for the job a few times. Anyway, today was my first day and I got 3 messages from jobs I applied for while I was unemployed. By the way, the job I started today is an on the phone job where I'm relaying calls from customers with problems with their digital presses they purchased or leased from HP. Not really a passion of mine.

1st contact was from a local startup that has a QA SW Analyst job. They want to do a 1 hour video interview. I don't know how I'm going to fit this into my schedule because my new job is 8 to 5pm

2nd contact is for an Automation Engineer position in town that has been posted since Sept. I wonder why they have had a hard time filling it? This guy wants to discuss the job and company in detail with me over the phone. I was only an Automation Engineer for 6 months and I barely got any training. I told this guy in an email before that I was more of a "Jr Automation Engineer"

3rd contact is for another SW QA Analyst job in town, non-HP job. I had sent the recruiter for this company an email with my resume when I found out I was being laid off Nov 1st, probably in Oct. He replied with hey! we have a QA job available! I actually submitted an app for this job a few days ago..

All of these jobs pay better than what I'm getting now ($20 plus full benefits) the plus side is they are all outside of HP, where I've already spent 17 years. At the job I was laid off from I was making $33 an hour! I just dont know if I can juggle interviews and phone calls from them when I'm supposed to be learning my new job. It sucks because in a meeting with an HP manager and HR lady this morning, they said they don't want to invest a lot of training in a new hire and then they leave after like, a month. Sorry but if a better job comes up, I'm taking it! I know I would be burning a bridge with this contractor company though.

EDIT: It seems that with each contractor company I work for, lots of empty promises are made. The job I just took has said, "We know the pay is kind of low, we could bump you up a couple dollars after a few months if it's going well," Another promise: lots of HP employees are taking early retirement in January so that means that you could get your foot in the door on some opportunities that that opens up for you! Out of 25 people in the project, 4 of them were recently hired directly from HP! This is a very good possibility for you!

I have confirmed that yes, the HP direct hires are indeed happening but would that really be a good thing? HP is dwindling... not inventing anything new...constantly laying their employees off every quarter...

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Started a new job today after being unemployed 1 month. Suddenly getting messages for jobs I applied for. How do I handle this?? Started a new job today after being unemployed 1 month. Suddenly getting messages for jobs I applied for. How do I handle this?? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 02, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.