I may have bamboozled myself by putting weight on the bonus structure - how to address employer

Current job (and company) for 8 months. In the software industry with a niche skill set (proprietary). Went from Corp banking SALES to consulting/project management

I made a cross-continent move (east cost to Midwest) for my current role, and also to a higher cost of living city. During salary negotiation and interviews, I was transparent in my all-in pay, which we’ll say was $100k at my former job (split 60/40 on base/bonus). I told them to meet me around breakeven and they structured a comp package so that the base was ~$85,000 and the bonus ranged from 8-12%.

The bonus is supposed to be tied back to billable hours hitting a certain percentage, so essentially a gimme if you’re doing your job. This was vehemently discussed since my cost of living was increasing as well and I was very well aware of what could be at stake. I felt we were all in the same page after learning how bonuses are derived.... do your job = get at least 8%. Cool, no more sales.

Now, I’ve learned over time that the company doesn’t always follow that. Either that, or I was blatantly mislead. Either way, let’s say I won’t get the bonus. How the hell do you bring this up to a manager? I’m not asking for any additional pay over what I thought was an agreed upon all-in. That was baked into my coat of living calculation, and that’s what it boils down to. I like the company and job, but won’t stand for getting paid $6,000-$9,000 less due to slippery tongues and smoke/mirror tactics used when I was too naive to know otherwise

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I may have bamboozled myself by putting weight on the bonus structure - how to address employer I may have bamboozled myself by putting weight on the bonus structure - how to address employer Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.