Has anyone left a job to pursue a dream or completely change industries? How did it work out?

I am currently in a management position in my current company. I have worked here for about 6 years, with roughly 3 years in my current management role. I like the company and role, but it is not something I want to do forever and I feel stuck. I am a 36 year old male, no kids, NYC if that matters.

I have always wanted to get into writing for film and tv, making documentaries, writing fiction, and generally being more creative. Looking back at the last decade, I am disappointed that I have completely neglected this side of myself and strongly feel time is running out for me to try and pursue this as a career.

I am prepared to spend one year working on my own creative pursuits such as creating short films, short stories, animations, etc. I have saved up enough to live on for a year. Of course, I wouldn't want to spend it all and have no savings - but it exists.

I understand the chances of me being able to turn that into a career that pays are slim. However I feel I need to do it for my mental health, and should be able to create some portfolio pieces to show potential employers or freelance clients.

The main thing is, whether I am working on my own projects or I am employed to work on someone else's, that I can feel a sense of fulfillment from my work, and that I am in a career that feels right to me.

I am willing to work part time or do short term gigs during this year so I'm not just burning up my savings. Is there a way to best do this so it looks decent on my resume?

TLDR: I am leaving my job to pursue something more creative. I plan to take time off to create things, and ultimately find a job that is more fulfilling, despite the risks and lack of stability.

Please tell me your experiences if you've done the same (regardless of industry). Would appreciate any advice as well.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Has anyone left a job to pursue a dream or completely change industries? How did it work out? Has anyone left a job to pursue a dream or completely change industries? How did it work out? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.