So I started a new job recently. I won't go too much into what I do, as I'd like to be a little anonymous just in case. But the important details I suppose are that it's a job that other than what I'll mention, I really like. The people are very, very nice, and it seems like an organization that I could see myself working for in the long term. Maybe not this exact position, but who knows - there seems to be areas to move around in even though at the main office we're a bit small, it's a large operation otherwise.
Anyway, I was NOT told during my interviews, or on the job description that I was sent, that being "on call" was part of the job. We run a program that has people participating in it, and there are hundreds of participants a year. It is possible, at this point as I understand it (I've only been working there two weeks), that someone could call the emergency line, which is then rerouted to my phone if nobody at the office answers and then I would be required to answer it and deal with the issue. This seems like a big thing to omit from an interview and subsequent job description to me.
There's nothing I can really do at the moment, the way I see it. The job is what it is, and the company is so small at the main office that it's not like they can just give that responsibility to someone else. My main question is - do I bring this up with my boss now and say something like "hey just wanted to clarify, this wasn't in the job description or mentioned in the interviews" or do you think, because of otherwise really liking the job, I should just see how it goes. I don't think it happens very often, but I do feel like I need some sort of clarification on the policy because I can't find it written clearly anywhere. Anyway, yeah, what would you guys suggest? Thanks.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: