Hey all, I need some major advice.
TLDR: Graphic/Web Designer, might get an offer to BE the marketing department at software company. Need advice on title/compensation/everything.
Here’s the scoop, sorry it’s so long:
I live in the Midwest. 2 years out of college. I’m currently a graphic/web? designer for an eCommerce company. I make all of the graphics for the website, design and send all of our marketing emails, create CMS web pages using HTML/CSS, co-manage our social media accounts, and various other small things. I’m comfortable. I make ~45k and it’s a 25 minute drive.
On Monday, I saw a job on Indeed for a medical software company labeled “Marketing” so I clicked on it. Basically, it said there are a few new lines of products that are coming out, and they need an in-house marketing person - needs experience in graphic design, HTML, Wordpress, and marketing.
I sent in the application Monday evening, and got a call 11 hours later requesting an in-person interview. I had the interview yesterday.
Basically, the company has their main medical software, and are in the midst of creating two new apps that would be marketed separately. It’s a SMALL company(30 people) that has been in business for 35 years. They don’t do much, if any marketing.
The duties would be to redesign their main website from scratch using Wordpress, and pretty much do all of their marketing for their main product and the two apps (3 separate entities). This includes planning and executing all of the marketing for the individual products - social media, email marketing, flyers, newsletters, business cards, potentially meeting with app sponsors, etc. I WOULD BE THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT.
I asked what the job title was, and the CEO said, word for word, “I don’t know, what do you think?” Which is weird. But they really REALLY liked me and we got along super well. They gave me a tour, showed me where my desk would be, and even told me about some of the insurance info/benefits which are pretty good. I think I’ll get an offer.
It sounds like a ton of work. I know I could do it, but it’s scary. I think eventually I want to go down the path of becoming a marketing or creative director, so this could be a HUGE move for me this early in my career. Especially because they seem to be leaving it up to me to decide what my title would be.
This leads me to a few questions:
What’s the title of someone who essentially IS the marketing department?
Web designer, graphic designer, social media specialist, marketing coordinator, etc....
What do I ask for compensation-wise? How do I explain my reasoning?
I was thinking at least 85k but I’m only 2 years into the work force with a BFA in design instead of marketing.
Do I even take the job if I negotiate a good offer?
I’m happy and comfortable with my job now, I just don’t make the money I should be making. And it could be good for my career to essentially make my own title and decide my pay.
Current job: 45K // 25 min // stress level: 4
Potential job: ??? // 40 min // stress level: 8
PLEASE HELP I’M LOSING SLEEP
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: