Hi all. Let me apologize for the long post. I recently started a new job about 2 months ago. I was really excited about it, but it's nothing like I expected. The work environment is terrible and the person "training" me has an attitude and doesn't want to be bothered. Everyone is over worked and never has time if I have questions. As a result, I don't feel like I have a good grasp on the work. I am totaly miserable.
A few weeks back when I realized how much I hate this new job and how it doesn't look like it's going to get better, I vented to a former co-worker at my last job. She said my previous position was not filled and she was almost positive they would take me back. So after thinking about it for a bit, I e-mailed my old boss and explained the situation. We scheduled a phone call for the next day and he said as long as I was willing to provide a long term commitment that I could return to my old role. We spoke again later the same day and he asked about salary expectations and I said as long as I could return at my previous salary I would be okay with that (I would be taking a pay cut from my new job). He said he would speak to HR. Fast forward a few days later and he informs me everything is a go and HR would be contacting me and that I can return at my old salary BUT because they changed the pay grade I would no longer be eligible for overtime. This was a big deal because I worked a lot of overtime before and it made quite a difference in my paycheck. Due to this I made a counter offer when HR contacted me (I asked for approximately $7,000 more because I calculated this is how much I would make if I did my usual amount of OT). A few days later I heard back that there was no movement on the salary offer and as a result I declined the job. I e-mailed my former boss and told him I really appreciated him working on this but I just couldn't take the pay cut at this time and I'm sorry it didn't work out. He responded that he totally understood and to keep in touch because you never know what the future brings.
So since I declined the offer my new job has become even worse and I am realizing that it's just an all around bad fit for me. I dread going in everyday and its taking a toll on me. I am now thinking I should have accepted the offer to go back to my previous job. I know for a fact that it's still open and I believe they are interviewing people currently. Is it out of the question to reach out and see if it's still a possibility to return? Should I try to stick it out at the new job even though I hate it? Should I look for something totally different? Please help! I am very conflicted.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: