How much time to spend networking? Etc.

So I’ve been looking for a job for a few months. I consider myself very fortunate to still be unemployed primarily because i continue to turn down positions that are not ideal.

That said, most of what I do is spray and pray.

I happen to think that ‘networking’ is important. And more generally, ‘having connectjons’ — which is basically a possible ace up your sleeve.

I read this book called Traction by Gabriel Weinberg which talked about startups and how if you want to actually be successful you need to use your time differently.

Instead of trying to perfect the technical aspects of your products 100% of the time, you need to spend 50% of your time marketing.

That’s kind of an eye opener, but it made me wonder if that applied to job hunting.

So, they’re obviously different activities but I wonder if I should spend significantly more time networking, etc.

Not sure what my breakdown is right now between sending resumes, research, networking, etc., but I’m guessing I could probably use to optimize somewhere.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How much time to spend networking? Etc. How much time to spend networking? Etc. Reviewed by Louhi on juin 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.