Boss completely lost his temper at me when I said I'm pursuing another job

TL;DR of context: I am a college student, and I have a summer job as a cashier at a small local business. I have an opportunity to get another all-round better job (better pay, hours, and it's a resume builder). I would start the new job next week, and it goes through July, the most busy month for my current workplace. Today I received an email stating if I wanted to continue being a candidate, I need references, including one from my current employer.

I came in earlier today and told him I'm pursuing another job not because I hate my current one, but because of the opportunity for growth / professional development / personal development. He wasn't having it. He was super unprofessional, angry at me, saying I was fucking him, etc. Jesus Christ. He tried making me feel bad for even considering other jobs since he was ever so gracious enough to give me a summer job. I didn't even bother asking him if I could use him as a reference.

Short term problem: I have a shift tomorrow where I will see him. What do I even say / do when I see him?

Long term problem: I might actually need to use him as a reference. The new job is at a college and the hiring process seems very standardized. Is there any way I can handle myself in interactions with him, anything I can say that might make him a little more sympathetic to my cause?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Boss completely lost his temper at me when I said I'm pursuing another job Boss completely lost his temper at me when I said I'm pursuing another job Reviewed by Louhi on juin 17, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.