artist friends! I need encouragement on getting off the ground after college... :(

Well, on paper, I'm doing fantastic. But in actuality, not so.

I work as a teaching assistant at a private art school and I'm also doing freelance children's book illustration work, which I started halfway through college to get a leg up on my career.

I am very skilled at drawing and painting. My skill level is extraordinary, one of the best in my graduating class. I know Adobe suite, have connections and work experience, etc. Just graduated with my BFA last month, concentration in illustration.

Was beloved at my retail jobs as a teen, have sparkling references to prove it.

But I'm kind of crashing and burning.

My children's book work pays a lot per piece, but it's a side hustle for my author, and he's in no real rush to turn out work. My TA job was a dream come true when I got it, and I even moved an hour for it, but last week they decided to hire a new full time administrator, couldn't pay us both, and cut me down to 12 hours a week. They told me to apply as an assistant director at their NY location, but I think it's to shut me up.

So now in the meantime it's back to the job hunt. Back to wondering if I wasted my life majoring in art. Back to feeling like a worn out piece of shit on the bottom of someone's shoe, endless rejections, retail looking like the only option. But if I take it, my soul will just explode instantly.

Advice much appreciated, but even moreso- solidarity and success stories. Other artists only please. I don't need your judgement on my life choices. Just positive feedback on how to go up from here.

(PS- I'm aware I pretty much need to move to California or NYC. I could technically commute to NYC from where I am. I was just hoping to stay around home for a bit longer for relationship and family reasons)

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

artist friends! I need encouragement on getting off the ground after college... :( artist friends! I need encouragement on getting off the ground after college... :( Reviewed by Louhi on juin 17, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.