A little of context: I am a 29yo citizen of a small developing country. I have three masters degrees, worth mentioning one from a prestigious regional business school (MBA) and another from an Ivy League school (MPA). I returned to my country after being in the US because I want to work for its economic and political development knowing that salaries here would be not the same as in the US or any other developed country.
About a month ago I signed a short-term (3.5 months) part-time (75% of the time) contract with a major multilateral development organization focused on economic development to help on the desing of the projects. I know for a fact that they expected to extend the contract because of a friend of mine working in HQ who told me. At first they offered a low sum for the work but I asked to receive at least the average salary paid to national consultants and they raised the offer.
Fast forward to two Fridays ago, I received an offer for a permanent position to another major multilateral organization focused on political development. Hoping that I could use it to get the first organization and current employer to give me a full-time permanent position I went to speak to the equivalent of Country Manager. I found out that he went to my same US school and we start talking about my career. After telling him about the other offer and how I would prefer to stay in this org because it would make me a generalist instead of a specialist (like in the other offer) he assured me he would send me an offer in the next two days.
Anticipating that offer and to buy some time I asked the second org to raise the offer since the original didn't meet my expectations and was below of what I was getting paid in this short-term contract (I used the equivalent salary of a full-time contract and not my actual 75%-of-the-time. They surprised me by increasing the offer by 11% and getting my potential salary plus benefits to 36% more of what I'm making right now and what I could make if I had a full-time contract.)
My actual employer, on the other hand, disappointed me by telling me that they will extend my contract to up to 18 months as allowed by the org and will include me in very interesting projects (they are indeed). I'm only planning to work in the sector for another year because I have to stay away from Politics due to their regulations. I want to jump to the private sector afterwards and become involved in Politics.
I'm sending a mail to the Country Manager of my actual employer to ask him if they have plans to make a full-time consultant at least in the short term. Ideally I would like to stay in this org because it is involved with many more sectors and I could get to know many people working in the development of my country than the other one. But I would like to have a better salary because I know they can afford to pay it. Any ideas how to pose the issue without sounding like I'm on it just for the money?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: