What are some specific things I can do to find a decent job with a Bachelor's degree in Economics?

I'm 26. I graduated from my university in Georgia in May 2015 with a Bachelor's degree in Economics and a 3.45 GPA. During my college years, I studied abroad twice, once for a month during the summer and then again for a whole semester since I had enjoyed the previous study abroad experience so much. I wouldn't trade those experiences for the world, but I can't help but think I should've used that time doing internships instead since I honestly can't think of a reason why I'm having so much trouble finding a fulfilling career other than the fact that I didn't enter the workforce with anything worthwhile on my resume in terms of work experience.

Like I said, I got my Bachelor's in Economics, so I've applied for what seems like hundreds of entry-level analytical roles with various companies in Atlanta (since I live in Georgia) and elsewhere. I have honestly never even gotten a callback or interview for any of those positions... just straight-up rejection via generic emails. I would totally understand if I were putting in for positions that asked for significant work experience or very specific technical skills, but the ones I'm being rejected for regularly are entry-level positions whose ads either don't mention relevant work experience or specifically request recent college grads, although I don't even know if I'm considered a recent college grad at this point.

My work history has been stable since graduating from college, although none of it has been anything I'm actually interested in or feel like I was prepping for as an Economics major. I was a tutor and teaching assistant during college, and after graduating I immediately began working a crappy online transcription job once it became clear that I couldn't find regular employment. Eventually I was able to get a job in a large call center located in my city, and I currently work as a bank teller. I'm just mentioning the jobs I've had to show that I do have a stable work history with no gaps in them. I get that none of these jobs have had anything to do with data analysis or finance (which is the type of job I'm trying to find based on my educational background), but geez, I just don't know what I'm supposed to do to get my foot in the door and find an entry-level position doing something relevant to my education. I can't afford to go to graduate school to make my education more impressive since that would require my actually making a decent amount of money, which I can't seem to do without a decent job. And obviously I can't get any "relevant work experience" since no one will seemingly give me a chance. Also I feel like each passing day is making the odds of my finding a long-term career that I'm satisfied with worse and worse.

I know this post seems like whining, and maybe it is, but I'm genuinely trying to delineate everything so that people are better able to answer. I just really need some advice from people who have been there or who are familiar with these types of situations.

Thanks so much.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

What are some specific things I can do to find a decent job with a Bachelor's degree in Economics? What are some specific things I can do to find a decent job with a Bachelor's degree in Economics? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.