Struggling to decide on what to do for long-term career

In the last year or so, several personal and family issues have forced me to reconsider what I want to do long term. For context, all through my schooling I wanted to be a police officer and work my way up to being a detective; following my graduation from high school I enrolled in and completed a Diploma in Crime and Justice Studies in pursuit of this goal. However, not long after completion a whole heap of changes within my family made me re-evaluate whether this was the right choice for me, and I came to the conclusion that it was not. I am now struggling to balance out my talents with what I enjoy doing, and want to do.

I've always enjoyed and been good at writing, both creatively and formally. I'm also good at reading and analysis of text, like books and reports. This extends to law, one of the few things I consider myself to be genuinely great at, though I don't enjoy it all that much. I'm a thinker and a planner, which is a part of why I'm so indecisive as to what I should do career-wise. I enjoy history and politics, I enjoy learning new things and on occasion teaching others those things (I want to get into teaching, politics or psychology later in life when I have some more life experience, as I think time is often the best teacher). I'm good at sales, though I can be too much of a straight-shooter at times (and thus my instinct would be to push clients away from things I see as a bad deal, thereby not doing my job). I like and am good at photography.

I've had a good, long think about what I want to do, and what I would be good at doing, and I'm still unsure, though I've narrowed it down. I'd do well in law, though I'm pretty sure I'd hate it (and I don't want to pay for qualifications I won't use). I'm interested in screenwriting/directing, though I'm not sure how to go about it (start on Youtube, maybe?). I'm hard on myself but I know realistically I could do well in several fields if I applied myself, I'm just not sure what to do from here. I'm getting to the point with my part-time work at McDonald's where I know because of the workplace culture that I won't progress any further, and I'm hating it more and more every shift. I feel unappreciated and devalued in my current workplace and it's really draining - my current plan is to leave for another job and keep thinking and looking for a year or two, but I've had very little luck in applying for jobs so far. I don't want to go to university at this stage, because doing so forces me to stay at McDonald's (as despite their many flaws they have extremely flexible work hours).

Which begs the question, what should I do? How do I find something that will be a good fit for me?

I'm sure I've rushed a bit and skipped some details that I can fill in later, but any second opinions would be helpful.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Struggling to decide on what to do for long-term career Struggling to decide on what to do for long-term career Reviewed by Louhi on mai 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.