A few weeks ago, I interviewed for a sales job with a very small (three person at the time) startup. The CEO was everything you could ask for in a manager: accommodating, encouraging, organized, experienced, and successful (he had already sold a company). The technology looked promising. I could work from anywhere and on my own terms as long as I delivered the bacon (sales).
I've been wanting to do something entrepreneurial for a while and get sales experience (I have little to none), and this seemed like a fantastic opportunity. My gut feeling was that together we could build a very successful business. I would have had the opportunity to hire people and expand marketing and all the good stuff that comes with startups.
However, at this time in my life I also feel the need for some stability and consistency. I've had to move/been evacuated over the last year and I'd like a stable income to help support my parents. So I had some personal hesitations. I'm also trying to pay off student loans and build savings. This business would have been based in a very high cost of living area (I know I said remote, but some locality is important). So the lack of health insurance, retirement savings, and other benefits made me nervous.
My downfall was that I let the guy know that I had an interview for another job that I wanted to attend just to see what they had to say. In my mind, I had pre-committed to the startup, but I realize now that I probably sounded like I was throwing them under the bus. Anyways, I let in-decisiveness get the better of me and about a week after my final interview, I said I needed a little more time. This was it, and he responded by revoking my offer.
Foolish decision on my part. In my mind, they were my first choice, but I conveyed the impression that I was treating it like a backup. Lessons leared: be less transparent, and more decisive. I should have just taken the offer a couple days after our meeting.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: