Can I recover from an initial bad salary negotiation if the offer isn't final yet?

I received a contingent job offer on Friday afternoon via phone call. It is an offer contingent on background checks and references, and we also went over compensation, benefits, time off etc. This came unexpectedly, and I was very regrettably unprepared for this conversation to happen at that time, and due to time restrictions I felt the need to accept right away, since they would be moving forward with another candidate by Monday afternoon if I didn't get back to them. In hindsight I should have waited until Monday morning to think about things and call back, but I was very excited about the offer and didn't want to postpone accepting. I basically gave them a number that I would be willing to accept which I know is at the lower end of the payscale for this position. Almost immediately after the phone call I realized that I likely left money on the table. I figure I have three possible actions.

  1. Let it go, call it a learning experience, and be more prepared for a situation like this in the future. The starting pay is still a raise for me, so it's not the end of the world.

  2. Call back on Monday to get out ahead of it and ask to discuss compensation further, but risk rustling feathers and seeming unprepared and indecisive about this process.

  3. Wait until background checks and references are complete, and then try to negotiate salary when they present me with the final job offer.

My default is going to be number 1, since the most important thing is that I lock this down. However, I'm interested to hear any opinions on whether it's still reasonable to negotiate further at this point.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Can I recover from an initial bad salary negotiation if the offer isn't final yet? Can I recover from an initial bad salary negotiation if the offer isn't final yet? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 13, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.