Staying at Low-Paying Job for Experience?

Background: have roughly five years of experience in industry. 2 years was in a metallurgy lab performing failure analysis (SEM work, microscopy, all that jazz). Then did 2 years in same company as essentially a manufacturing engineer on the production floor. 1 year at current place.

Decided to go back for a Masters in Materials Science, did a summer internship in metallurgy to essentially do industry-based thesis. Found myself unemployed for four months after that, decided to take technician job at a good company.

Pros: I'm definitely learning real-world skills now in terms of machining, casting, and injection molding.

Cons: Making about 20k less than before grad school. Based on local salary calcs, should be making about 80-85k with a Masters in Engineering. I was recently promoted to an entry level engineer at work. It's actually a sort of demotion, since now I make $200 less per month since I no longer get OT. Making about $55k now.

Has anyone stuck it out in a low paying job for the good experience to move on later? How long did you stay in that role?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Staying at Low-Paying Job for Experience? Staying at Low-Paying Job for Experience? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 26, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.