Should managers apologize? To what extent?

In my experience, management only apologizes if it's prefixed with bad news such as, "I'm sorry I'm going to have to ask you to work overtime without pay" (I'm salaried.)

Any other thing, mistakes are simply turned into action items. I like that we have a path to change things moving forward, but there's never an apologize or admittance of wrong for mistakes that have been made. I feel like it's OK for management to talk sternly, forcefully, even aggressively...

Really to the point of riling me up.

But when it turns out they were wrong, there's almost never an "Oh shit my bad." it's like, "Okay, here's a path moving forward."

I manage a few people myself and always try to acknowledge my mistakes, how it inconvenienced others, apologize, etc. hopefully not overly so, but I prefer the "highest title is lowest" mentality in an office.

The main thing I have is veto power. At the end of the day, I already have a lot of inherent power due to my veto and decision-making power. No reason to do big-dick waving on top of that.

What are your thoughts on this?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should managers apologize? To what extent? Should managers apologize? To what extent? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.