How to ask for a significant raise?

27 y/o. I've been working at my job for 3 years this week. I'll be having a review/raise and I'm looking to break into that "next level" of income.

I work in tech. Over the course of 3 years, I've gone from an entry level phone support role ($24k/year) to overseeing all Video Production and VIP support for the company ($40k/year).

This past year, I've produced and made over 3 dozen promotional and tutorial based videos for the company and have really created a role for myself there. I fly to different parts of the country to promote our brand and give presentations at big conventions and events. They are trying to make me the face of the company.

I live in a big city, where rent and expenses take up a giant part of my paycheck. Add in car insurance/taxes, debt, phone bill, practice space rent, hospital bills, etc and I'm still pinching pennies at the end of the pay cycle.

This job has a lot of perks that benefit my personal endeavors and that is one of the things that makes it totally worth it, along with the people I work with and location. However, I need to make more to keep my head above water and do the things that I want to do in life.

In this upcoming review/raise, I'm tempted to ask for double of what I make now ($80k/year), in hopes of either getting that, or settling at around ($60k/year). If I can't get in that ball park, I'll need to move on. Keep in mind that the coders that work at this company make an average of about $90-$110k/year. I've also never asked for more that what the company has offered over the last 3 years. I've always played ball. But going into my 4th year, I'd like to ask for much more, because I see the value of my role and a potential future here.

Any advice on how to ask for a substantial amount in a raise, based on what I've mentioned above? Thanks

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to ask for a significant raise? How to ask for a significant raise? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.