How do I ask for a better letter of recommendation?

So, I recently gave my two weeks notice to my job as a n administrative assistant at a doctor’s clinic. The clinic is owned by the adjacent pharmacy, and the owner of the pharmacy was my hiring manager. When I gave my notice, I asked both the owner and the doctor that I worked with for a letter of recommendation, to which they both happily agreed.

I haven’t received my letter from the owner just yet, but I have received my letter from the doctor. Here’s the thing, there are a couple details in the letter that I feel really make it unusable.

The doctor has always been over the top with his praises of my work while I was there, and always told me that I had an amazingly professional and kind way with his clients. When I told him I was leaving, he even mused to me that he may soon quit the clinic with me gone, and asked if he could keep my contact info in case he had a job for me in the future. I was extremely touched and grateful, and I had no worries about how his letter of recommendation would turn out when I asked him.

However, upon reading it, there are a couple things nagging at me. For starters, at one point he lists a long string of positive qualities, and ends it with the term “quiet”. I don’t like this term, because I’m striving for a career in marketing/sales when I graduate from University, and I think it would be perceived negatively.

My second issue, is that he states in the letter at the beginning, and at the very end that “while I’m not her manager” he’s enjoyed working with me. To me, it does not need to be said twice, and it implies that perhaps the hiring manager may have a different opinion of me.

I asked my mother (a marketing manager herself) what she thought of the letter, without telling her my reservations of it. She liked it, but immediately picked up on the two issues that I had with it.

Now I’m in the position where my last day is in a couple days, and I’m not happy with this letter. Would it be rude to ask the doctor, if he could just omit those two things I have an issue with? (The term “quiet” and the second statement that he is not my manager?) I could even offer to tweak it myself, and just have him sign it to make it easier on him?

TLDR: I received a letter of recommendation, didn’t like two small details in the letter, but I felt they ruined the letter. Is it rude if I asked the referee to just tweak the two details I don’t like?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I ask for a better letter of recommendation? How do I ask for a better letter of recommendation? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.