I'm a research technician at a medical school, and I have been working here for almost 8 months now. This is my first job after graduating from university. I chose this job because I wanted to get the experience needed to do a PhD program in biochemistry. But in the past few months or so I've been questioning if this was the right decision for me. I've been given one job to do since I started, and I've barely made any progress. I dont fully understand the underlying science behind it and I keep messing up and starting from scratch. I just had a meeting with my boss and coworkers, and my boss asked me a few conceptual questions about my project which I couldn't answer. All of my coworkers just looked at me in shock when I didn't know. These were all basic questions which I should have figured out a long time ago. On top of that I had zero progress to report. Meanwhile, my other coworker, who got the job as the same time as me (he is also a new college grad) is far ahead of me in terms of everything. Every month we have these meetings and I end up humiliating myself because of my incompetence. Now, I'm anxious about going to work every day because my coworkers and boss have this negative image of me being stupid and incompetent.
I'm considering quitting this job but tbh I dont know what else I could do besides science. I want to be a professor, but I'm starting to think that I'm just too incompetent.
Should I quit my job?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: