Should I contact specific employees after applying for a job?

Hi guys, so I applied for an entry level, government job that I just fell in love with 9 days ago. The application portal tells me, along with other jobs I applied for, the status of it and so far it hasn't come under review yet (although I never really trust these things 100%) and the closing date is 4/21. I want to increase my chances and also just let myself be more known to them. I really should have contacted someone who works there on LinkedIn or something and just asked for an informational interview but I didn't consider it until after I submitted the application.

Would this be a good idea to pursue at this point? There are two sides to this, one being the obvious and getting my name more known and at this point it would be kind of awkward asking about the position and almost already an interview if it happened. But then on the other hand I could be have a valuable conversation about their career and how I can further myself in the field as well regardless of whether I applied or not. In other jobs where you submit resumes by email its easy to follow up and ask the status of an application but I'm not sure if I can really do that in this case since its through a job portal.

Is there anything I could do after submitting my application that could increase my chances of being interviewed in this scenario?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I contact specific employees after applying for a job? Should I contact specific employees after applying for a job? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 13, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.