Currently I do independent contract work in financial consulting/services/etc...
However, I frequently speak with different recruiters and pass my resume along in the event something rolls by their desk that would interest me.
During a recent experience, I had a great phone conversation with a recruiter regarding a role and she indicated she would make a few very minor changes to my resume and send it over with their typical write up or what-have-you to their end client.
I had never had a negative issue come from this so I thought nothing of it, but after receiving a copy of the revised resume, also subsequent it being sent to the hiring Company, the new version looked like garbage.
The font was changed to Cambria, which I feel looks awful in general and has no place on a resume, particularly in a business environment, and the font was increased in size, which wouldn't bother me if done properly, but now my resume that was sent is a page and a a quarter to a third; which I feel violates everything I prefer and know to be consistent through my experience. One page is best for my fields, IMO and if you cant get it to one, then make it 1.5 or preferably 2 but not just some arbitrary place in between.
She also indicated the client generally reaches out to prospects specifically first, rather than the recruiter, yet she removed my contact information from my resume. I assume she provided it elsewhere but I also thought it was odd, particularly since she mentioned how they prefer to contact people.
My question is: What is the best and generally most polite way to tell this recruiter, who has been doing it for years, that I do not approve of the way she formatted and submitted my resume.
I have no problem being blunt and upfront with people in manners such as these and it is typically a part of my normal job function, however, I just want to see if anyone has had a similar experience and if maybe there is a best way to approach it.
Otherwise, I plan to just share a shortened and more professional version of what I just shared here and that I would prefer the format I submitted be used or it be sent to me first for approval before sending it out to potential hiring entities. Is that improper of me?
Again, I have never had an issue with a recruiter at all and have used them all the time and they have always done what I would expect and have appreciated many times.
I know it may be picky, but is the first impression this Company would have of me, especially since its not even coming directly from me and its not representative of what I would like to have sent and I feel, the job is a bit of a reach in general, but no point in not trying, so I would like everything that can work in my favor to be properly set up as such, which I do not feel confident at all anymore after seeing what was sent.
Thanks.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: