Hey guys, I’m a bit stressed out with a new job I’ve been at for a month. Not only am I the youngest (me early 20’s, everyone else are 35 and up) I’m also the least experienced.
Due to the lack of direct experience in the field , my first few weeks were pure data entry (reason being was I needed to get used to the system, sure fine) and someone else would examine the data and process it. My actual duties include examining the data, calculating and adjusting the correct amount to be paid (either patient or provider) which I have only started doing literally this week, with someone double checking my work before it is finalized.
The issue that came up was the data I entered a few weeks ago was processed incorrectly and the wrong person was paid (nothing earth shattering, less than $25). How our system works, the cases only show who entered the data, not who processed it (the hard copy will show who processed it). So the person querying the case emailed me (copying both our supervisors) because of the wrong payment, and when I checked, I had entered a wrong amount into one of the fields.
If you want to argue logistics, I should have entered the data correctly, however...the person examining should have picked up on the error when calculating the payment and trying to balance as due to my error, it would not have balanced. Honestly during training they’ve reinforced that if it doesn’t balance do NOT process it until the error is found and fixed.
Regardless, I’m irritated due to my own mistake, especially because now the cheque would have to be returned and voided, then reprocessed, which will involve 3 different departments plus the manager. Plus recently I’ve been annoyed in general due to lack of training and me being expected to complete 4 tasks at once, plus being given another one to complete without proper explanation of how it’s suppose to be done.
Also a bunch of snarky comments from my coworkers and, disappointingly my supervisor, who has passed on training me herself to other coworkers who can’t be bothered. She also made a comment that can’t wait until I’m trained in the process so I can stop asking her questions (which was said in only my second week there). and honestly I would love to get better at my tasks (and I believe I’m making progress) but I have only JUST started worked on my actual duties while my first few weeks (at the direction of my supervisor) were doing unrelated tasks with no relevance to my job duties, Yet I’m supposed to be an expert and are being compared to people who have been here for years. I’ve also gotten questions and rude comments from coworkers regarding my duties (one making fun of how much I was doing) and petty nonsense (like me buying items to decorate and personalizing my desk)
Anyway, I pulled the hard copy, found what the error was (my bad) and will bring it to my supervisor’s attention as soon as i get in tomorrow. I plan to apologize for the error and ask how it can be addressed and corrected as soon as possible...but honestly I believe some responsibility comes in with the examiner as well, even though I’m trying to avoid shifting the blame as much as possible. As luck would have it, the examiner has been one of the coworkers making alot of rude and petty comments.
Ugh, ;~; Needed to get that off my chest. Thanks to anyone who read and would appreciate any advice.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: