Planned to leave, got a raise from company not knowing my plan, awkward situation appreciate any help I can get.

Hello /r/jobs, I am having a dilemma in my life and would love some insight.

I have been planning to quit my job end of May for a while now, not because I don't like the job, just that I have been saving and planning to pursue my dreams full-time (I know it sounds cliche, please bear with me). Today I was informed that I have been given a raise, an amount I have asked for early Feb.

About the job I do:
1. I do all sorts of things in this job, I am in charge of hiring, in charge of transportation (of inventory), in charge of certain hardware/software fixes and installations, in charge of social media, in charge of public relations, in charge of contract negotiations with clients, in charge of new project (all but bidding from clients), and a few more minors ones that pop up here and there.
2. This job is not on a 9-5 job schedule, it is flexible but I am 24/7 on call and as a person who can't focus work and hobby well at the same time it is quite stressful.
3. I am technically on salary, so the times fluctuates A LOT. Some weeks I'm at work for 50+ hours, sometimes I'm at it for 10 hours.

  1. I am currently on board all 3 of their major projects that will be finished end of May, mid September, and mid October (I plan to finish at least the end of May project before I leave as I feel responsible to it).

My thoughts:

-I have saved enough money for me to pursue my dream for a year, but it is something I know that won't make money early on and will likely require me to go full on into it for it to work out, chances of success are also very slim.
- I am turning 27 this year, what I am pursuing is something in the entertainment industry (different path). Whatever job I take, I've never been fully able to concentrate on them because on the back of my head I know I want to do something different.
- I feel that if I don't give myself 1 full year to just go all out on pursuing this dream I won't have any regrets anymore in the future if I fail and can retire this dream of mine. But I know it's not the smart thing to do, a lot of posts are about not quitting your day job.

- I've luckily gotten an opportunity that allows me 1 year no strings attached but I'd have to live more frugally (due to savings, some luck, and support from family).

Ending notes:
I'm sorry if I feel like I'm whining, it's just... I'm not entirely sure who I can talk to about this. My family has been supportive in me quitting, they've always thought it was what I was meant to do. But I know the money could help, and the job is sometimes very relaxing and doesn't take up much time, it just fluctuates and you never know when it will be busy or easy.

I don't know, what should I do? Should I keep the job till all the projects are done? Should I quit now and pursue my dreams and be happy?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Planned to leave, got a raise from company not knowing my plan, awkward situation appreciate any help I can get. Planned to leave, got a raise from company not knowing my plan, awkward situation appreciate any help I can get. Reviewed by Louhi on avril 11, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.