I (m27) joined a commercial surveyors office as an administrator just under a year ago. Prior to this I worked another admin role (that ended up more of an events co-ordinator role) for a local authority before I eventually left due to the working environment and my colleagues all being replaced. I did enjoy the previous role as I could do a bit of AV setup, meet people and use my commercial music degree to an extent when working/planning events.
I didn't have a background or any particular wealth of knowledge about commercial surveying/property management when I started however I seem to have made a good impression. So much so that I've been offered a role as a graduate surveyor, the course would last 6 years (University attendance for 4 years and then 2 years to become chartered) then I would join the office as a newly qualified surveyor.
Most of the learning is done at home which could take up a substantial amount of my personal time and the 2 years leading to becoming charted can be quite difficult. Often the other trainees are in the office from 8 am to 7pm at night while I can barely stand being in from 9am until 5pm.
On paper it seems like a great oppurtunity but I just don't think I'm interested. My main concerns are that I'm not interested enough to stick with the course for the duration if I become bored/uninterested (particularly when I'll need to invest a lot of extra time) or that I find it very difficult and the lack of interested causes me to quit which would be a waste of everyones time. I don't like my job at the moment so commiting another 6 years of my working life and personal time to it seems silly however it's a good oppurtunity and I don't want to decline it and then regret it for the rest of my working life.
I'm worried that if I say no to this I end up in dead end admin jobs for the rest of my life while not making a great income and having no interest in my job.
tl;dr I've been offered a graduate apprenticeship in a field/office I don't particularly like or have much interest in and I don't know whether to take it and have a good job with a good income or decline it and see what else is out there.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: