I don't want this job opportunity and feel guilty about it (advice welcome)

I'm a senior in college about to graduate in a couple weeks. I'm extremely stressed out (not even sure i will pass my classes and actually graduate because of the overwhelming amount of work i have to do, with not much time, on top of other responsibilities). I have done an internship in the field i like to work in and it turned into a part time job. This is a temporary position that lasts for 2 more months, but i felt like this was beyond perfect for me right now. I love working there, i love the flexibility and bit of freedom I will have when I graduate. I felt like i'd have a little bit of time after this extremely stressful year and final weeks to not have to jump right into a brand new full time job. I honestly dont feel like I have the energy or drive to even interview or do anything for one right now, which is okay because i'd have a some time. Well, my boss took it upon herself to reach out to an owner of a company she knows in the field i "work" in (my area of study/what i would like to pursue) about a job opportunity (a "permanent" one, since this current one is temporary) that he may have for me. He said yes and he would like to do a phone interveiw. I feel so bad about how I feel about this, but I can't change how i feel; i don't want this opportunity right now. I feel like that's maybe sounds entitled or something for me to say, but 1:I'm not ready to start working full time, at a place that is a very long drive away and has very, very long work hours. I feel like if i was offered this a month or so down the line i would be ecstatic. But the fact i might have to start soon (assuming i am offered this job, which based on other info and such is actually very likely) makes me feel sick. My other issue is that I can't just say no or somethig, my boss would be super offended and it maybe could strain the relationship our compmay has with this other company. It also would just look dumb on my part. Everyone i've mentioned this to basically told me i'm stupid for not throwing myself at the first opportuinity that presents itself, yet i still feel the way that i do about it. I don't want to do this job now. I know it may sound weird for a new college grad to want to pick and choose when to want opportunity to present itself or whatever. If anything i'd want to complete my temporary job (where i learn A LOT and I love working at, this is where i have been the happiest) for the rest of the full 2 month duration and then i'd idealy like to begin to embark on this new opportunity. I don't know if thats even something you can request to do or if that sounds crazy. All i know is i desperately need a break, and I also dont have time to go drive to this far location for an interveiw during finals week and worry about an interveiw and all of that. I just can't do it, i don't have the mental capacity, energy, or interest in doing so right now. And i feel terrible about it. If anyone has any advice for me i'd really appreciate it. Thank you

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I don't want this job opportunity and feel guilty about it (advice welcome) I don't want this job opportunity and feel guilty about it (advice welcome) Reviewed by Louhi on avril 30, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.