Coworker micromanaging me at work and treating me as a PA...being slowly driven insane

I work as an assistant accountant in a small team which contains a woman who I will call Kate (she has an unusual name which I don't want to use, just in case). Kate is a more senior accountant and does similar work to me at a more advanced level, however she isn't my manager. We sometimes work on projects together, and at first it was okay, but as of late she has been micromanaging me a lot, which has made me start to resent my job. She gives me zero autonomy over my own work, she's always asking me what I am doing at a particular moment and regularly sends 'reminder' emails about tasks I need to complete that have been assigned to me by our manager, as if I am too stupid to remember to do them myself. She speaks to our manager for me (not that I asked) about progress on tasks that had been assigned to me, which she wouldn't even know about if she hadn't listened in on my conversations with our manager. If we're working on something together, she will write out step by step instructions for the most simple of tasks, and constantly monitor me during the process. It's really demoralising to think that Kate thinks so little of me that I can't have any authority or ownership over my own work.

Kate also seems to treat me as a PA. She regularly places documents on my work desk with a post-it note telling me to file them for her. She will also ask me to go and get things out of the filing cupboards for her, and if I don't, she will send one of her 'reminder' emails. She also sends me emails to get me to set up meetings for her, which I think is a little rude.

The main problem in this situation is that I can't really go to my manager about this, since he and Kate are good friends outside of work (that's how Kate got this job). Does anyone have any advice for dealing with a micromanager like this going forwards?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Coworker micromanaging me at work and treating me as a PA...being slowly driven insane Coworker micromanaging me at work and treating me as a PA...being slowly driven insane Reviewed by Louhi on avril 13, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.