Asking for a job title change

I am currently employed as a "Lab tech" at a small startup but the work I'm doing is not lab tech type work and I want to ask for a job title change with our next round of reviews.

I have a BSc and BE as well as a PhD in engineering.

By small startup, we have less than 20 staff split into a lab team, an engineering team and the data/management guys.

I was hired primarily to move into position where I could be an all-rounder and backup for when our technical director was away. Initially however, I was to be in the lab and learn the various areas of the business.

Our other science-trained staff left and over a year or two, I moved out of the day-to-day lab operations such that my job now is a mixture of;

Job List

Overseeing lab analytical testing

Being 2nd in charge to our lab manager (make decisions and direct staff if they are unavailable), reporting to technical director

Being 2nd in charge to the technical director (again, make decisions and direct staff if they are unavailable)

Developing and investigating new analytical testing techniques. Some of these are directly useful in patents and partnership agreements/understanding.

Product development - we have a generation 1 product but I'm actively working towards gen 2. At the moment, it is primarily myself and the technical director who have the 'ideas' but it is me that is implementing and testing them

Manufacturing development. I liaise with the engineers about how to best transfer lab-scale production to full scale. Without this connection between lab and engineering teams there would be problems not identified for months / years

I have recently visited a partner company to provide support on our lab production techniques

Having come from the local university, I have a working relationship including access to their labs and machines in the chemistry, mechanical engineering and chemical engineering labs. Often this use is not charged back to the business because of my connection with the departments.

I don't strictly have one area of the business I work in. On any day I could be performing data analysis, lab management, engineering design/build, lab testing and development, machine commissioning, vba/macro writing. I am the only science-based legitimate research employee and my title of Lab Technician no longer applies.

I report to the technical director and the lab manager and I work together very well to run the lab, but I don't do a full time lab manager role

What do you think I should ask for?

Research Engineer?

Science (or research) Director? (I plan to ask for this within the next 3 or so years, but don't feel my knowledge is great enough yet to demand it, our science director was one of the staff who left just after I started and hasn't been replaced)

Product development ___________?

I'm not good with titles and don't really care, except people judge and have expectations based on your official title.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Asking for a job title change Asking for a job title change Reviewed by Louhi on avril 13, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.