After 5 months of post-undergrad job hunting, I finally landed a $55k job with an awesome employer. I wanted to thank this sub & offer some brief advice for my brothers still on the job hunt!
First of all, thank you so much to the contributors to this sub who offer advice, kind words, and encouragement on a daily basis. You guys are doing the lords work and really helping a population of people going through some of the most anxious and disappointing times of their lives. You guys’ advice played a HUGE part in me getting this job, too.
So, I wanted to offer a few pointers that I picked up on this sub that really helped me in my job search:
-
first and foremost, make sure your resume is optimized and make sure its achievement-oriented! I got one request for interview in over 250 applications with my resume, then I got this advice from someone on here & on the ‘resume advice’ sub. My revamped resume got me 6 interviews in ~50 apps.
-
do whatever you can to stay positive and keep on keepin’ on, even if you’ve put out hundreds of apps and gotten no bites. You’ll find that once you get those first few “let’s schedule an interview” emails, you’re going to be fucking amped and motivated to keep on applying.
-
corollary: even if you’re in the second or third stages of an interview process for a particular job, keep going with the apps. Apply to 5 or 10 a day until you get an offer letter.
-
get LinkedIn premium job search for free for a month. This is something I figured out while using LinkedIn job search free version.. you can get a free month, and with the premium version you can filter jobs that have <10 current applicants. This was huge for me & actually the job I just got was one that was weeks old and had only 2 other applicants.
Anyways thanks again r/jobs, I couldn’t have done it without you guys. And good luck to everyone!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: