3 months of applying for research assistant positions and still no luck. At a loss of what to do.

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read.

A little background info: I graduated May 2017 majoring in psychology. Post-graduation, I had 0 experience in research and I aimlessly applied to jobs with no luck. So I attributed that to my lack of experience. I landed an internship a few months in and have been doing research there until Dec. 2018 when it ended. I also got another research internship for 6 months and that also ended in December.

Since then I finished applying to graduate school and started job searching mid-January. I limited myself to applying for research that interested in me. Eventually, I started to feel my mental health deteriorating and took a break. It's really painful to hear nothing after writing your heart out on and tailoring each cover letter. These past 3 months have been a cycle of me applying and then feeling down, taking a break and repeat. Overall, I probably averaged one application a day, which is very little compared to what I have read here.

I'm really at a loss of what to do here. Any advice, critiques, positive vibes would be great!

  1. What do I do from now until August when graduate school starts? Should I continue searching for full-time research jobs? Should I get a retail/dead-end job for now to make some money for grad school loans?

  2. Also, should I send thank you emails after interviews in the research world? I never really quite understood the concept of them. Does it matter that much?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

3 months of applying for research assistant positions and still no luck. At a loss of what to do. 3 months of applying for research assistant positions and still no luck. At a loss of what to do. Reviewed by Louhi on avril 13, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.